Thursday 30 January 2014

I was killing some time and remembered Tank Girl. I'd seen a couple of the comics while in college, there were a few different artists that worked on the series, but there was one or two whose style I really liked. So this is me trying to match those styles.
This image is based entirely on one I was referencing, so no points for originality here.


or here...

.. or here.



 This was based on a photo, I really like the shading and the shaved head and tattoo. I got caught up again in the referencing so its no where near as stylized as I'd like... which leads me to the next attempt.
Didn't spend as long on rendering this one as the last one and I tried to fit the Tank Girl look in there a little stronger. I'm still not delighted with it, but hey... learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment